The Global Project ‘Mainstreaming EbA - strengthening ecosystem-based adaptation in planning and decision-making processes' implemented by GIZ supports actors at international, national and local level to incorporate Ecosystem-based Adaptation into policy and planning processes of different sectors. A focus of the project lies on knowledge management within an international EbA Community of Practice. With the help of additional networks - like the Friends of EbA (FEBA) - the EbA project has developed a variety of concepts, strategies, methods and tools to promote EbA and to inform adaptation negotiations, policies, strategies and action plans. Moreover, the work of the project highlights the economic, social and ecological advantages of selected EbA measures through a systematic exchange of knowledge and experiences between governments, institutions, technical experts and other organizations.
FAKT Consult supported the Global Project on the topic of climate justice in EbA. The focus was to identify the gaps between theory and practice regarding safeguarding in the different contexts of EbA measures, and to identify and develop tools and methodologies to contribute towards bridging these gaps. The work was done in an approach combining document analysis and research with a stakeholder engagement process and training inputs to EbA practitioners.
Please see also the publication collection on climate justice in EbA https://www.fakt-consult.de/index.php/publications/climate-justice-in-ecosystem-based-adaptation-eba-collection
- Preparation of a stocktake reviewing the state of knowledge on barriers to and options for fostering justice-based EbA
- Planning, facilitation and documentation of a virtual stakeholder engagement process consisting of nine online workshops with different stakeholder groups (local CSOs, NGOs, practitioners, researchers, policy makers and donors and funds)
- Elaboration of a publication collection on climate justice in EbA including a definition, policy paper, a stocktake report, case studies and tools for project planning and M&E systems
- Support and training inputs to EbA practitioners in Indonesia and the Caribbean
- Presentation of results and input in events of the EbA Community of Practice (CoP)